Friday, October 10, 2008

feeling thankful.

this week flew by pretty quickly, surprisingly. i wasn't too excited bout this week with my week long of training scheduled. i had 2 modules to complete this entire week and i had no idea how i would be getting to the place to start with. it was outtt there somewhere. and i had no one i knew going. i had no idea how the course would be conducted. and i was waiting to hear good news for that new job i was interviewed for. good news was what i hoped for anyway.

i was scared .. and excited for this week.

i prayed again that His will be done .. whether the results for my job interview was what i hoped for or otherwise. praying that prayer is always so scary. i prayed that the last time and i didnt get it in the end haha* what if this wasn't the right door, again? but God knows my heart's desire right? but what if? all the questions. i discovered that learning to trust wholeheartedly is a conscious effort i have to make. but yeah, on the day i was gonna return the HR person's call, my QT material spoke about how we should pray to God that we would have the joy in our hearts and be thankful no matter what our circumstances were. and that quote i have in my previous post, yeah, it was in my QT material for that day. i was like, 'Oh God, what are you trying to say.. does that mean i'd bear bad news again..' :( and that was what i got. i didn't get that position. but thankfully i asked to be considered for two different departments, and i'd be getting another interview nxt week for the Finance department. but finance. me. finance. no idea. but i won't shut any door opened. my strength indeed is small. Lord, be my all in all. amen*

on another note, i really enjoyed my course this week. it actually makes my work 'sound and look' interesting. we had a class of 4 students, me included. one school principal. two professional mortgage brokers. all around 30ish 40. me on the other hand, 20 year old fresh graduate. i was like thinking..'sei la, how to compete with them'. but really praise God He gave me the ideas to contribute and the confidence to do so. it was very much an open collaboration sort of discussion and we had to do some presentations as well. thank you GOD for helping me through. and not just that, enjoying it as well :) my 'classmates' were all really friendly as well.. everyone giving their 5 cents worth when any one of us didn't understand. i had to catch a cab the first day.. but after that my classmate allowed me to hitch a ride in the morning and after class :) transport problem solved. everything seemed to flow so smoothly.. and time passed so quickly. am really so so thankful.

and above all, praying about the whole situation.. with work and what lies ahead.. things seem to fall a little more into place. somehow. somewhat. i believe God has something great in store for me.. but in His beautiful timing. so i will wait. roomie reminded me of something that day, which was really encouraging. when i was applying for casual jobs last yr with no prior retail experience, i was so excited when rogerdavid gave me a shot at an interview. i did badly i reckoned haha and yeah, the manager didn't even call me back to tell me i didn't get it. wth. but lo and behold i applied for forevernew and i got it! and it was by farrrrr much better.. with them selling things I myself can wear :) and me loving their range. ended up working for them all the way till i got my current job. so anyway, roomie was trying to remind me how a disappointing start can actually mean something far greater is awaiting. i just need to be patient :) and yes i believe, God will not shortchange us.

so yeah, an overview of what's been going through my head and in my life this week. and a peek into my previous weekend. a fulfilling one :)

friday night dinner @ Asian Cafe.
coconut rice.. with tomyam curry :) mm.


coffee @ Gus' with the ocf bunch


Saturday
homemade BIG breakie :)
clear sunny weather.
shopping to follow.
dinner @ Nandos.
their whole chicken is so small la good grief.


our attempt @ Choc Chip Cookies :)
my hard work making sure they were nicely shaped
and they came out from the oven in huge blobs *bahs
but finished eaten anyway :)


our church had worship thru visual arts last wk :)
very very interesting.
during worship, people get to come down to draw anything they like as an expression of worship
as you can see.. we had a range of drawings
it reminded me of how God made us all unique.. and every talent we have can be used as a form of worship unto Him


the picnic organised by church after service :)



Floriade 2008.
which is similar to any other year.







No comments: