Thursday, June 19, 2008

peculiar morning behaviours.



i have this tendency in the morning.

when my phone alarm rings, i pick up my clock instead. or what else i have beside me.

it has happened a few times already. i wake up to the noise. grab whatever i can grab hold of and i'll start pressing whatever button's on it. the noise will continue. and i'll get frustrated. not understanding why i can't turn it off. after a longg time being frustrated, i'll be awake enough to realise it was cos i was pressing the wrong object.

a few days ago the same thing happened. i had to wake up early for work so i set a terribly loud alarm ringtone, fearing i'll let it ring and continue sleeping. so when it did ring the next morning, i wanted to quickly turn it off.. cos firstly it was so irritating. secondly, roomie was still asleep.

i pressed and pressed some button but it continued to ring. refusing to shut up. frustrated i said aloud 'why cannot off one?'

roomie was so puzzled at what i was doing and found it funny afterwards. she came over.. turned off my phone alarm and laughed at me. me, being still so sleepy, didn't realise what i did till i woke up later and was brushing my teeth.

i was trying to 'turn off' my alarm clock when it was not my clock that was ringing.

how 'bout a round of applause :)


8 comments:

YANZ said...

HAHAHAHAHHAAHA! *standing ovation*
*bows to just*

so farneeeee justea! =D

i'm worse though, can't hear any alarm! just SLEEPPPPP only *faint*

* j * said...

hahahhaha yeah that happens too! :p

just on CERTAIN occasions my body decides to get up but my brain doesnt hahah

zippy applechunks said...

Eh but horr...if it wasn't ringing, then roomie turn off what phone alarm wor.

Hmmmmm....

* j * said...

hehehe my phone alarm was ringing.. not my clock. but i was pressing my clock instead..

*stupid me.

zippy applechunks said...

OHHHH! =)

Better than me in a way I guess, once I thought my alarm was a phone call, I pressed and said "Hello hello hello?" then I was like eh why no one. And half asleep, I went and check the call log some more and was really weirded out when it wasn't recorded.

When I woke up few hours later, only did it occur to me. =P

Anonymous said...

Ha, I've taken out my ANU id card to swipe at more than one doors outside ANU before.. and I was supposed to be awake!

* j * said...

hahah! omg.. i did that before too now that you mention!! :) ive woken up and said hello hello and then was wondering why no one reply one.. ya lo. haha cos no one called.

*high 5

* j * said...

hahah ok that's a first :) join the club. i hope i don't experience that too ahhaa..